What is Shiatsu Massage?
Shiatsu massage, meaning “finger pressure,” is a kneading technique that targets specific points of the body and helps with stretching, joint manipulation and mobilization. Increased circulation promotes muscle relaxation and opens areas of tension to release stress.
According to research conducted by the European Shiatsu Federation and Shiatsu Society:
- 95% of study participants felt calmer and more relaxed after a shiatsu session
- 54% of the study group slept better after a session
- More than 85 percent of participants reported feeling better about symptoms from tension, back pain, joint pain and posture problems
For a more comprehensive review of available studies, read more here.
What are the benefits of shiatsu massage?
Shiatsu massage helps treat the whole person and has shown benefits including:
- Reduce stress
- Improve circulation
- Relieve muscle pain and tension
- Enhance physical and mental well being
- Treat disorders like anxiety, depression, and insomnia
How is shiatsu massage different than Swedish massage?
Swedish massage is known for long strokes along the muscles, joints, and connective tissue to reduce tension. It was created in Europe and based on muscle attachment points whereas Shiatsu is based on traditional Chinese acupuncture methods.
What type of batteries does the Tekjoy neck & shoulder massager use?
It does not use batteries, it is powered through an electric cord.
Is there a timer on the Tekjoy neck & shoulder massager?
Yes, the massager stops at 15 minutes to prevent overheating.
Is the Tekjoy neck & shoulder massager rechargeable?
No, it uses a A/C or car cord that must be connected to an outlet.
What is the cord length for the Tekjoy neck & shoulder massager?
The cord is 10 ft.
Do I need to register my warranty for the Tekjoy neck & shoulder massager?
No, your warranty is from date of purchase and there's no need to register a warranty.